The 4th stage of the Children’s Cup of the Republic of Kazakhstan on chess “Memorial of Lazar Yelmukhanbetov” will be held from 5 to 12 July in the city of Aktau.
The Memorial consists of 5 main tournaments:
- Blitz-tournament with a FIDE rating score (without age restrictions, not lower than 2 class);
- Tournament А – open tournament with FIDE rating (without age restrictions, not lower than 1 class);
- Tournament В – 4 stage of the Children’s Cup of the Republic of Kazakhstan for chess up to 14 years (for children born in 2004 and younger, not lower than 3 class);
- Tournament С – 4 stage of the Children’s Cup of the Republic of Kazakhstan for chess up to 10 years (for children born in 2008 and younger, not lower than 4 class);
- Tournament D – Team tournament.
The Team is made up of 4 athletes (3 boys + 1 girl) – one in the following age categories: born 2010 and younger; born 2008-2009; born 2006-2007; born 2004-2005. The tournament involves one team from each region and cities of national importance. All tournaments are held according to the Swiss system in 9 rounds according to the rules of FIDE. The program of the Memorial provides for a simultaneous game with the participation of leading grandmasters of Kazakhstan.
In the tournament “A” and blitz- tournament there is a guaranteed prize fund – 330 000 tenge.
Chief Referee of the tournament is FIDE arbiter – Yevgeniy Meteleno.
Detailed information – in the Regulations of the 4th stage of the Children’s Cup (download).
Shaykhimov Anvar Eskendirovich,
Tournament Director – 8 702 598 20 29;
Coordinator of “Kazakhstan Chess Federation” – 8 702 469 46 65
Photo: Zaderetskaya Natalya