In Aktau, the 4th stage of the Kazakhstan Children’s Cup for Chess “Memorial of Lazar Yelmukhanbetov – 2018” finished. The tournament was held in a friendly atmosphere, there were no complaints. The name of the winner in all categories was uncertain until the last round.
Chess players from Mangystau, Akmola, Pavlodar, Aktobe, Kyzylorda, West Kazakhstan, East Kazakhstan, Atyrau, Kostanay, Karaganda regions, as well as from the cities of Astana, Almaty and Shymkent participated in the tournament.
In the tournament В (under 14 years old), 56 competitors took part. 8 points out of 9 possible were scored by Astana resident, Amina Kairbekova (WCM, ELO rating 1828) – gold medal. Also, Almas Shudabay from Aktobe Region scored 8 points (ELO 1662), but he occupied the second place according to additional indicators – silver medal. 6.5 points were scored by Shymkent resident, Beibarys Tasbolat (1353) – bronze medal
– among girls under 14 years old
- 1 place – Irada Abisheva (Aktobe Region)
- 2 place – Aidana Kushbay (Mangystau region)
- 3 place – Nazimgul Atagullina (Aktobe region)
– among boys under 12 years old
- 1 place –Dias Alimbetov (Astana)
- 2 place – Nursipat Kairosh (Atyrau region)
- 3 place – Mendygaliyev Asylkhan (Kostana region)
– among girls under 12 years old
- 1 place – Aya Dausheva (Kostanay Region)
- 2 place – Meirzhan Karataikyzy (Astana)
- 3 place – Zuhra Sarsenby (Atyrau region)
Hot contest took place in the tournament С (under 10 years old), where 79 chess players participated. Three prize-winners throughout the tournament alternated in the top three. Finally, the 9th round determined the positions as follows. Gold was won by Astana resident, Alikhan Belzhanov (1542), silver – Almaty resident, Miras Assylov (1399), bronze – host of the tournament, Edgar Mamedov (1438).
– among girls under 10 years old
- 1 place – Kaliza Ayzharyk (Almaty)
- 2 place – Manshuk Kamasheva (East Kazakhstan region)
- 3 place – Zarina Koishieva (Mangistau region)
– among boys under 8 years old
- 1 место – Akylzhan Meirkhanuly (Kyzylorda region, Aral City)
- 2 место – Nazar Talgatov (Mangistau region)
- 3 место – Adilbek Adilkhanov (Kostanay region)
– among girls under 8 years old
- 1 place – Azhara Apsalikov (East Kazakhstan region)
- 2 place – Zeynep Zhappar (Kyzylorda region)
- 3 place – Khanzada Amanzhol (Aktobe region)
In the rating tournament A with the participation of 21 competitors, the master of FIDE (FM) from Aktobe region Ilya Moisenko (ELO 2293) performed with confidence. In 9 rounds, he only once brought the game in a draw, as a result 8.5 points and gold medal. Equally worthy were two other prize-winners of the tournament – Chingis Kenzhebayev (2045) from Mangistau region – silver and Meirzhan Barmagambetov (1944) from Kyzylorda region.
- the best result among women – Sakypzhamal Barmagambetova (Kyzylorda region, Aral City)
- the best results among veterans, year of birth 1958 and older – Khasen Murtazin (Mangistau region)
- the best result among chess players of Mangistau region – Nurali Akhmedjanov (Mangistau region)
In the blitz tournament (61 competitors), the same trio finished as in the tournament A. With the only difference is that Chingis took the bronze, Meirzhan – silver and gold again went to Ilya.
- the best result among women – Sakypzhamal Barmagambetova (Kyzylorda region),
- the best results among veterans, year of birth 1958 and older – Khasen Murtazin (Mangistau region),
- the best result among chess players of Mangistau region – Aigali Bimanov (Mangistau region),
- the best result among young men, year of birth 2004 and younger – Murat Omarov (Mangistau region),
- the best result among young women, year of birth 2004 and younger – Amina Kairbekova (Astana)
In the team tournament D, among 11 teams there was no equal to the team from Astana – gold medals. Silver was won by chess players from Aktobe region, bronze medals went to the hosts of the tournament.
Within the framework of the Memorial, a friendly match took place between the national teams of the Kazakhstan city of Aktau and Azerbaijani Kusary on July 7. Teams played in a draw – 3: 3. The parties liked the initiative and it was decided to hold such matches regularly once a month.
The honorary guest of the tournament was the international Woman Grand Master, repeated world champion and goodwill ambassador of UNICEF International Children’s Fund, Dinara Saduakasova. Within the framework of the memorial, Dinara held a session for participants of the tournament on 23 boards.
Organizers of the tournament are Kazakhstan Chess Federation, Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mangystau Regional Federation of Chess.
The sponsors of the tournament – NWF Samruk-Kazyna JSC and “Samruk-Kazyna Trust” Corporate Fund