From 12 to 14 October Aktau cultural and leisure complex named after Abay will host “AKTAU CHESS OPEN” international chess tournament in memory of a prominent public figure Sagyndyk Rabayev. The competition is also held in order to strengthen relations between chess players from Kazakhstan and the countries of the Caspian region.
Within the framework of the chess festival, 6 major tournaments with the FIDE rating will be held:
- Open — Rapid tournament,
- U12 tournament — Rapid (boys, year of birth 2006 and younger),
- G12 tournament – Rapid (girls, year of birth 2006 and younger),
- Open tournament — Blitz,
- U12 tournament — Blitz (boys, year of birth 2006 and younger),
- G12 tournament — Blitz (girls, year of birth 2006 and younger).
More details about tournament fees, details and other information about “AKTAU CHESS OPEN” – in the Tournament Regulation (download).
Contacts of organizers:
- Shaykhimov Anvar Eskendirovich, Tournament Director: +7 702 598 2009
- Metelenko Evgeny Sergeyevich, ChiefReferee, International Arbiter: +7 771 856 4853